Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Another ramble...

Joey went to Macon, about 2hrs south of here, yesterday to fight for his train. I am happy to say that all of his efforts paid off, and they are moving onto the second phase with the city and it will go infront of the city councle May 3rd. Joey's dream of owning his own tourist railroad is getting closer everyday. I couldn't be prouder of him. Yeah, it gets annoying when he is on the phone all day with everyone in the train world, but he is doing it for something he loves. His family doesn't support him like they should. Which is sad, but I will always support every dream he has. Project Megan is coming closer to reality.

On a different note... joeys brother Jeff is getting married July 30th. Well, I get 2 invitations yesterday to his fiances bridal shower and bachelorette party. Guess what day its on... June 11th. That is the day before my babys 1st birthday...the day Joey and I were planning on having his party. I was heart broken. But then thought, well, maybe it was done by her brides maids, and they didn't know and she didn't remember. I told Joey and his mom (his mom was invited to the shower). Joey was not happy. He called his brother and said something about it. Turns out that Jeff's groomsmen planned it with the bridesmaids(yeah, get this shit, Joey wasn't even asked to be a groomsman btw. Jeff was Joeys best man at both of his weddings. Joey was asked to be an usher. An USHER! Joey has been heart broken about that. At first he was ok when he was told that his niece was going to be a bridemaid and his nephew was going to be the best man. But then he found out that a frat buddy and a guy from utah that Jeff knows from work are going to be standing up there. Needless to say, Joey has been upset about this ever since) anyway. So joey was invited to the bachelor party which isn't even in the state. Jeff was not apologetic and said "oh well, I guess we just won't be there." How can you say that about your only nephew? I only have Joeys family here for Ryans birthday, and his only uncle on the McCollough side doesn't even care about his birthday. My brother in law in Texas may be an asshole sometimes but he wouldn't do anything to miss a birthday of his only nephew. Sadly, my family in Texas can't make it out here for Ryans 1st birthday. So I am totally devistated and about this. I have no family of my own here, and I would expect to my son to be treated the same way all of the other McCollough/Fox grandkids are treated. Joey doesn't even want to go to the wedding now because of this. Even since Jeff started dating Dara (well, ever since it was made public, he was dating her before his divorce) he has just turned into a huge frat boy again. Last year the week of Joeys birthday we met up with Jeff and Dara and 2 of her friends at WDW. Now it was only suppost to be Jeff, Dara and 1 friend, but someone else tagged along. Joey and I had limited tickets because we were seasonal, and now we had to find a way to get 4 people in without using all of our free tickets. Anyway, so there was that, and to top it off, the reason they were down there was because it was one of the friends birthday. We went to dinner at Epcot and they had the servers come out with whatever free dessert it was and sing happy birthday to her...and Jeff didn't even THINK to include his own brother. Joey wanted to cry, he was so upset. It was his 30th bday and his brother just blew it off. I even ran my pregnant self over to Soarin and back to Mexico (I had Ryan a few weeks later...) to get fastpasses for these people, and they didn't even care. Joey just feels like he means nothing to this family and it is very heart breaking to see them transfer that to my son. They love Meg to death, but no one sees Joey as Megs dad. Yes, he left when Meg was 3, but he never stayed away for longer then 2 weeks at a time. Heck he said when he first moved down to Orlando he was going every week on his 2 days off. He did the best he could, he had to leave to protect himself and his daughter and to get away and get a fresh start. Shit, this family thinks of Meg as their own child so much that when we told his mom we were having a baby, she immediatly thought, "poor megan. What is she going to think. She might think you are replacing her and won't want to be with her anymore." I was in tears when he told me that. How could anyone say something like that. Wow...I went off on a big tangent. Way off topic.

Anyways...yeah. good and bad stuff...both happened yesterday. Guess I should get back to my store...not that we are selling anything anyway.

Peace Love and Mickey Mouse

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. Family can be so annoying and hurtful at times. Vent as much as you need to!! :)

    ReplyDelete