Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ryan's first Easter

So I posted this...and now its gone. Let's see if I can come up with a shorted version.

Last Friday we had Madison, Colin and Megan over. We dyed eggs and made sugar cookies. All of this at about 10pm Friday night! Ryan was sleeping, so I was kinda sad that he didn't get to have any of the fun. This was Meg's either 1st or 2nd time she has dyed eggs, and I think she enjoyed it. We made cookied and iced them with colored icing that I "made". It was a fun late night for all.

Saturday we were suppost to go to an Easter egg hunt at the elem school by the store. Ryan and Meg got their Easter baskets that morning cause Meg had to go home that night. Joey and I went to work, but then had to close up shortly after to go home and pick up the kids for the egg hunt. Unfortinatly Ryan was asleep, so we didn't go, but I don't think the kids minded. Joey went back to open the store again, and I stayed back with Ryan. Joeys mom took Madi and Colin home and then took Meg to the grocery store. Ryan finally woke up and he and I went back to work. It was a ghost town up there, so we closed up early...it was only 3pm...I need a nap just thinking about how busy that morning was! We went home, had dinner and took Meg and Ryan to the mall to see the Easter Bunny. Lucky for us there was only like 2 people in front of us, so it was a quick in and out. Best part was Ryan wasn't scared and even cracked a smile! We took Meg home and that was the end of Saturday!

Sunday morning, the 3 of us were up at 6am. Partly because Ryan was awake and hungry and partly because Joey was starting his smoked pork for dinner. Joey spent until about 530pm smoking his pork butt and pork ribs for our Easter dinner, and it was well worth it! Ryan and I on the other hand spent the day with Ma, Pa and Grandaddy playing. I blew up Ryans pool and he played in that for a bit, rode the lawn mower with Grandaddy and just played and played. It was a very nice family day at home.

Well...that's all for now...let's see what this weather is going to do.

Peace Love and Mickey Mouse









No comments:

Post a Comment