Monday, March 21, 2011

One year in Georgia

Yes, I have a temper. Yes, I get hurt very easily. And if you do me wrong more then once....well...watch out.

I have been living in Georgia for going on one year now. It has been a year of ups and downs. Coming here while I was pregnant, taking my mom back to Texas, and leaving the best job in the world that I had some of the best years of my adult life. We moved into my in laws basement, hoping that Joey would get back onto his old job and before Ryan was born, wwe would have a place of our own. Well, one year later, Joey finally hit his big break with a *real* job, but we are still living in a basement. I know I shouldn't complain, we are better off then most, as least I have a roof over my head for my baby, but it comes with a price.

I have been living with Joey, Ryan, his mom, dad and grandfather. Its been a very interesting situation. They are very helpful with Ryan, babysit when we want to go out, do his laundry for me and they love to bathe him at night. Unfortinatly, I have to deal with their ways of doing things.

My biggest battle in this house is how to raise our kids. Megan has been coming over to this house almost every weekend for her whole life. they treat her like a princess that can do no wrong because she is the first child in the family that had to deal with a divorce. Actually, she's not, her twin cousins were, but they are Joey's second cousins so it doesn't mean anything. So, she has always gotten everything she has ever wanted, plus more. They also always do the opposite of what her mom wants, except when it comes to bathing or getting ready for bed. I met Meg when she was 3 yrs old, and she already knew how to lie to her mom. Meg wasn't aloud to have bubble gum, and I don't blame her momma, she was only 3. But Joey's parents bought it for her all the time, and would have her spit it out the window on her way home. If Meg went somewhere or did something that her mom didn't want, it was always a secret that they wouldn't tell her mom. Well now it has come to bite Joey in the rear. Megan thought it was okay to lie because her grandparents taught her how. Megan also, even though she was told not to by Joey, eats Ryan's baby food because her grandparents give it to her, because she wants it. She is always misbehaving and getting away with it and I have had it. I end up steping over everyone to speak to Meg or tell her what to do, and I know I'm getting the stink eye from everyone.

Ryan gets treated the same way too, to a degree. But Ryan tends to be in the same boat as me. They have spoiled him in a sence, as much as you can spoil and infant. But it makes it difficult for me and Joey to take care of him. I'm glad he finally learned how to crawl, everyone around here has to carry him, I didn't think he would ever learn. I'm also glad he is finally eating jar food.

But like I said, Ryan and I are in the same boat. We (Joey included) don't seem to be aloud to have even a jacket or a pair of shoes upstairs. Everything gets shoved in the hallway, and if it doesn't get moved in a timely manner it gets moved into the garage or down to the basement. I have had jackets, baby swings, baby toys, shoes, letters, checks, EVERYTHING go missing because it either got shuffled somewhere where it didn't belong or tossed out. Right now, not sure where my suitcase went. When Ryans swings or seats end up out in the garage is when I lose it. Just like when I found out that Ryan's g-ma and Meg were eating his baby food.

I know I am lucky to be here, but with what we have to deal with, sometimes doesn't seem worth it. My marriage has been tested over and over again. Many times I thought for sure I would be packing me, my baby and my puppy up in my little hoopty and heading to Texas. This living situation has not been good for Joey either, he has kinda regressed, but when he trys to be an adult, or a parent, he gets treated like a teen. We both do. Sometimes I feel like we are teenagers that had a baby and had to move into the daddys house with his family.

Hopefully the new antique store makes us money so we can move out soon, and that the tourist railroad picks up soon too. I need a chance to live with my husband by myself, with our children and our little dog too.

I know this was a long rant, it took me a few days to type it. I don't have internet at the house, so I have to use my phone. Have a good night, I'm going to bed soon. Disney World is next week!

1 comment:

  1. I can completely understand how tough it is for you! Ryan and I go crazy when my parents come to visit us in their house for a week, so I can't imagine a year of living in someone's basement. It makes you feel like you are not being an adult, even though you are trying. Fingers crossed that you guys start making a lot of money with the store and you get to move out soon!

    Hopefully, they will realize they have to teach Meg how to be truthful, if not, her teenage years will probably be pretty interesting. I'm sorry to say, but I can see it coming.

    Anytime you need to vent, I'm just a text or a fb message away!

    ReplyDelete